Split/Second (Disney Studios)
Xbox 360/PS3 (2008-2010)
* Ownership of half of each environment I worked on due to their large scale. This gave me the opportunity to work on all aspects of the design process from grey box to final artwork. Tracks I worked on - Quarry, Dock Yard, Canyon, Mine.
* Oversaw artwork produced by a team of 3 artists working within sub areas of each track.
* Integral to early track shader development (unreal ed) to produce final game shaders.
* Look development of each track I worked on, included track blends, rocks and many various surface types.
* Major set piece asset/Power-play creation. Included working closely with animators to ensure models were built as required.(To blow up)
* General asset modeling/texturing and backdrop creation
* Scene setting and compostion using both self built and outsourced assets
* Outsource management, overseeing creation and giving feedback to ensure each assets was built as required.
PURE - Disney Studio
Xbox 360 - PS3 (2006 - 2008)
* Creation of majority of environment backdrops, as well as developing pipeline process. (using World machine)
* Researching and creation of foliage library, including many trees and vegitation specific for each environment.
* General asset modeling/texturing and lodding
* Scene setting and compostion, including placing foliage and vegitation to reproduce the look and feel of each environment. Challenges included making each location feel as densly populated as possible within budgets.
* Involved with Early Diorama and conception of environments
In Race Team Manager you live the life of an up-and-coming team boss across various racing categories. Work your way up from the junior leagues to the pinnacle of motor sport and become a championship winning team!
Race Day - overtakes, spectacular crashes, pit stops and blocks are all fully interactive.
Management - Decide when and how to upgrade your car, and manage your driver and mechanic relationships.
Experience - Whether you’ve got a couple of minutes or hours to spare there are races to be won and management decisions to be made.
* Involed with all aspects of world/track creation from initial prototyping to final artwork including track dressing, branding and Lighting.
* Modifying and preparing car models to meet manufacturers specs, including building body kits and updated designs, setting up decals, realistic shaders and liveries.
* Creating various promotional artwork platform spacific.
Maya - Unity
Tony Hawk Shred Session brings classic trick-based action to the mobile platform, mixing contemporary game mechanics and play patterns with the unmistakable look and feel of a Tony Hawk game.
Featuring an intuitive control system designed specifically for touch screen devices, THSS introduces an exciting and accessible way for both the newcomers and diehard skate fans to pull off awesome tricks. Performing a single trick is easy, depth comes from learning how and when to link tricks together. This system forms the backbone of the two distinctive play modes, Endless Play and Challenge Parks.
* I was Involved with the project from start to finish leading creation of various environments, from initial grey box design through to final artwork this included Modeling/Texturing/Lighting/Track dressing. Main environments I worked on included the opening warehouse track, Storm Drain and santa monica, I also crontributed to all other tracks.
* I was also responsable for all 6 Characters in the game, including all customisations. This involved a strict approval process for each character likeness, with signoff coming from each skater including Tony Hawk.
* I created the Tony hawk prototype character used for initial pitch, which help secure the project.
Maya - Unity - UV layout - Zbrush - Xnormal - Marmoset Toolbag
At BigBit Ltd I've worked Various mobile titles using the Unity game engine, covering many different genres. Development has ranged from around 6 to 12 months each.
- Character and prop creation, modeling and texturing (All to strict approval criteria)
-contributed to all apsects of environment construction from early concepting to final artwork.
-Modeling Various animatable vehicle upgrades.
Batman Dark Knight Rises
-Early look development work, I constructed a prototype diorama of gotham city which was used to set the tone for the final game.
-Modeled and textured all characters from concept to final in game assets.
-Worked on Stock exchange, and alleyway environments for final game.
Barnyard Little People
-Construction of all characters and creatures, from concept art into final in game assets.
-Early pitch work (which helped secure the project) involved turning iconic characters into 3d models.
-All ingame characters and customisations, working to defined art style.
-North pole, blackpool beach environments including various themed props.
Hollyoaks the game
-Continue creation of 2d character art from previous artist, this meant keeping a consistent art style throughout.
-Character concepting 2d and 3d (Various iterations) rigged and posed to set the final art style.
-Modeling and texturing all characters and environments.
Towers started as an origional pitch at BigBit Ltd using the Unity game engine. We spent several months prototyping and fleshing out environments, which lead to 6 months further funding by a major publisher. The idea was to navigate your way to the top of a moving/sentiant creature, navigating a combination of physics based puzzles and carefuly maneuvering obstacles.
* Key in contextualising physics based and pre animated obstacles.
* From the begining of development I was tasked with creating 2 environments, from initial prototype grey box to final scene look development.
* I designed and created the original vehicle for the prototype. This was later replaced with a character once we secured funding from a major publisher.
* I was Lead character artist and created several characters from original characters concepts.
(Top) Character head created to test facial rigging pipeline for project, I provided a fully textured mesh with clean topology. Using zbrush to create the high res sculpt and xnormal to transfer maps onto game ready mesh.
(Middle) Characters I created from concept artists work, again sculpted in zbrush and details transfered to game ready meshes.
(Bottom) Characters based on concept artists work, Zbrush sculpts transfered to game meshes.